Leaving for China - August 13, 2006

I can't believe the day has finally arrived!! The day is exciting yet there is a shadow over the day because of the bomb threat in London. They arrested 24 people who were going to blow up 11 different planes in New York, Washington and California. The airlines have additional check in procedures and you can't take any liquids, powders or gels on the planes. I had to repack everything last night. I crammed baking soda down in my toothbrush so I can brush my teeth. I had some dry face cloths that lather up in water that my friend Stephanie gave me to wash my face so at least I can feel like a human when we land in China. China has also been hit with several typhoons in the last few weeks. They have hit north of Guangxou so hopefully they will stay away for the next three weeks.

No comments: