We've landed! - August 15, 2006


What a long flight, but we are finally here!! All of the adopting families have come out of the woodwork. We took a bus to the White Swan Hotel while everyone started getting aquainted. We are actually two groups totalling 17 families. Our hosts are Maggie and Grace and they are different as night and day and yet very similar. We are so very tired as neither Trish (my cousin) or I could sleep on the planes. (I nearly froze to death sitting by the window.)

We ate our first authentic Chinese meal that night in a restaurant across from the hotel. Everyone was quite full trying all of the dishes. I think Maggie and Grace ordered everything on the menu for us. We had noodles, white rice, sweet & sour chicken, a tofu dish, a beef dish, brocolli, some kind of a root dish, celery with carrots & chicken & cashews and I think that was it. Everything was wonderful! The restaurant in the photo is where we ate but I don't know the name of it.

I can't wait for tomorrow - Gotcha Day!!

No comments: