Adoption Day - August 17, 2006







Last night was my first night with my baby girl. Today she will officially become my daughter. I had a meeting in Maggie and Grace's room last night and moments after I left my room, Ming Li fell asleep and she was still sleeping when I got back. I didn't sleep at all that night. Ming Li slept great until 12:30 when she wanted her bottle. She went right back to sleep, but I still couldn't sleep.






I quickly gave Ming Li a bath this morning and washed her hair. She really does love the water. We had to meet downstairs at 8:30 to go back to the Civil Affairs Office for two separate interviews. This time WE were the ones being interviewed. A lot of the babies cried because they recognized the place from the day before. Ming Li did very well and didn't cry at all. I must say that Ming Li does NOT like bus rides. This was the only time she fussed. She doesn't like the Snuggli carrier that I had either. It sure would have made things easier if she had. My arms are going to fall off.






During each interview we were asked why we chose to adopt in China. Our passports were also checked to make sure we were who we said we were and to make sure the children were given to the correct parents.






The final step was the adoption photo. Our first family photo. Olilvia-Reh (it is now official) and I were both weariing lavendar so we could match even though I didn't know we were having pictures taken that day.




Later that afternoon Trish went to work out and I was left alone with Olivia-Reh. We sat on the floor and played with the toys I had brought. At first she didn't do too much but after a few mintues she started checking things out. She soon pulled herself up to stand by the bed and I clapped and cheered for her. What an exciting moment! By the time Trish got back, Olivia-Reh had done this several times. She was now rocking herself back and forth on the floor and I was telling Trish that you should see Olivia-Reh's trick. The next thing we knew, Olivia-Reh had passed out on the floor. She was so cute that we had to take a picture. I then put her in her bed for a nap and she slept for three hours.


No comments: